Monday, May 6, 2013

best cafe






the best thing that happened during my short stay @ utrecht
is being able to spend time at this coffee place called blackbird coffee & vintage.

it was on my first day in town,
very early in the morning....
i wandered around the empty streets which were waiting to be awakened....
most of the shops were not opened...
i was starving...
saw one side walk cafe, almost got myself a seat...
but last minute, i told myself to keep walking a bit and see what else is there first...

then i saw this coffee shop...
without pausing a second,
i walked straight in...

i like the shop sign
i like the entrance
i like how it looked different, i.e. with bicycles all over one side of the wall

as i went further in,
i knew i found the right place...

the furnitures were unique and vintage....

i like the wooden cupboard
i like the chairs
i like the coffee tables
i like the music turntable
i like the lighting
i like it being un-pretentious

when my eyes became less busy,
my ears got busy...

the shop was playing the radio dept!
followed by kings of convenience!
my favourites!
the songs being played are exactly the type i love!
totally in love with the ambience..

then i ordered a cup of latte and a choc chip cookie...
the coffee was grrrreattt...
and the cookie was placed on a cute little floral vintage looking plate....
i told myself, 
i could live there!

for the rest of the morning, i sat there,
totally immersed in the ambience...
while reading work material.....



















































i was very very happy that i could go back again on my last day in town....
i sat down, 
ordered a yummy fruit juice (beetroot, apple, ginger and carrot mix)
and a slice of banana cake









































.... my strong urge to tell the shop owner that i totally adore his cafe and his taste for music didn't go away after my first visit...
seeing he wasn't too busy on my second visit that day,
i have a little chat with him
telling him how much i like his cafe and his playlist...

and i was thrilled to find out i can get hold of his entire playlist from the cafe's Facebook account....
if any of you are interested, go find the cafe on facebook and look for its playlist available on spotify.

i have been listening to its playlist ever since i got back home....

No comments: