Wednesday, December 1, 2010

yeah!

released!!!!!
my confinement period is officially over today!

according to chinese traditions, i was supposed to stay home for the entire month after delivery of bb.
during this month, there are things to do and things not to do.
for instance, one is not supposed to wash hair and not to wash hands without ginger water for fear that "wind" may break in to the body.....  one is not supposed to go out......  one is not supposed to have cold drinks...........etc etc


i must confess that i have not been a good girl....
for a hygiene freak like me, the first thing i did on my day back home from the hospital was to wash myself thoroughly from head to toe.....  and i did it without the ginger water;
ginger water was prepared by the confinement lady but i seldom used it to wash my hands;
i went out a number of times on my own (with the excuse of needing to refill baby goodies);
i drank iced lemon tea;
i didn't always drink all the soup the confinement lady cooked for me.


now that the confinement period is over, i am making plans for the coming days...
tomorrow, it's my grandma's birthday.  we will go to grandma's resting place to pay respect and spend some time with her....
friday, will meet up with a friend and do some shopping....
but any plans i make will have to evolve around our little bb of course!  ^_^

oh and i have finally started exercising today....
i hope i will have the determination to do some exercise everyday!!

btw, it's finally december!!!!!!!!!!!!
my favorite favorite month!

6 comments:

~3iNnA~ said...

I heard about that tradition. Do you also have a big banquet for your first born? 100 days celebration I think? how about the red egg.

I love December also.

sabe said...

where are you going on friday? i want to visit you ah!

Miss LK said...

Congrats on surviving the 1st month!

Your baby is adorable. Both Sugar and Brownie are well behaved older siblings :)

ps. I design some ornaments for charity and if you are interested, please take a look at the following:

http://misslkrhapsody.blogspot.com/2010/11/arctic-trio-ornament-123.html

http://misslkrhapsody.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-spirit-of-giving.html

Of course, feel free to edit my message if you feel the above information is not appropriate to be displayed in your message area.

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi ~3iNna~:
we had a simple family gathering for him turning one month old.... oh yes we had red eggs and also the vinegar eggs too! we are thinking of having the 100 days celebration but will see how things go first.

sabe ~ you off on friday? i am just thinking of going to central with bill....

miss lk ~ oh thanks for the links! i adore the glittering reindeer!!!! it's so lovely! will it be too late if i purchase now in order to receive it before xmas??

Miss LK said...

Hi Aileen,

Since Singapore is not that far from HK, I think you will get it before Christmas if you place an order now :)

aileen ♥ motu said...

ok thx!!