Friday, November 5, 2010

brownie & sugar



















with the arrival of little bb, not only do somotu and i have to adapt to the changes....
so do sugar and brownie....

everytime they hear little bb cries, makes funny noises,
they become very alert and keep sniffing around.....







especially sugar,
who likes to stand up and check out little bb...
i think she may have, by now, developed strong little hind legs with all the standing!






sniff sniff sniff......























we are trying to allow sugar and brownie into little bb's room (formerly, my zakka room... hahaha) and getting close to little bb as much as possible....
as we don't want both of them to feel left out.

i have heard stories about how pets feel left out and developed illness with the arrival of babies at home....
we don't want this to happen to them....

brownie & sugar, we love you the same.....

4 comments:

Miss LK said...

Soon you will find Sugar and Brownie love the baby more than you do!!!

It's a matter of personal choice but I cannot help to get angry at people who keep pets as substitutes for children and when the human child arrives, the once beloved pet becomes neglected...

This will not happen when we love them(child or pet) for who they are :)

aileen ♥ motu said...

yes i agree with you.... it's ppl's own choice as to how they want to treat pets and babies... i have heard so many stories about couples neglecting, giving away or even abandoning their once beloved pets when their baby arrived.... i couldn't imagine how hurt and sad the pets would feel... it's a cruel thing one can do to pets....

Miss LK said...

I adopted a beautiful Himalayan kitty years ago but after my son was born, unfortunately the baby developed allergy to cats. Luckily my husband loved my cat as much as I did so we started a long journy from dividing our household into two zones to eventually having to live apart for taking turns to be with our son and our cat... Many people think we are crazy to make such compromises.

The ending to the saga was that my beloved cat passed away due to age in my arms and her very own home in 2008. I fulfilled my promise to be with her until the end and now resume my duty as a mother to my son who just turned five last week. I still miss my cat everyday - she was not just a pet, she was my soulmate...

aileen ♥ motu said...

that's really a very big effort which people who don't appreciate pets will not understand.

i am sure your cat felt how much she was loved and the effort your family made. she is such a lucky fellow!