Monday, October 18, 2010

peripheral matters

there is a much more important task and event that is going to take place soon....
but i have been trying not to think too much about it.....
trying not to get myself too nervous, too worried.....

so let's talk about peripheral matters!

hmmm like, for one... listening to the radio
i used to like listening to the radio
especially to the programmes in the morning and afternoon during weekdays.
i guess the reason is because i don't get to listen to them on weekdays as i need to go to work.
so in the past, every time i am on vacation, sick at home, one of the things i look forward to is listening to the radio.


but ever since i needed to stay home, things have changed.
i find listening to the radio boring.
why?
because they play the same songs over and over again during the day.
the same songs are being played by different DJs in different programmes again and again....
i can't help but think they must have a machine at the back which is programmed to shuffle and play the same set of songs day in day out..... 
and the worse thing is, most of those canton pop are not great songs.....
i think i AM old.
when i was younger, my father used to say "oh my goodness, who is this guy?  why is he singing like this?  he can't even pronounce the word right?  what kind of lyrics is that?  oh my, the melody!?  it's awful...."
then i would say "dad, you are just too old-fashioned.... caught in your own 50's, 60's and 70's world...."
ah-ha!!!
but i find myself thinking just like my father now....  asking the same questions when i hear the canton pop nowadays....

but i can't live without music,
so instead of filling up the room with voices and music from the radio,
i turn to chet baker.....  sometimes throw in sandy lam, faye, mondialito, kings of convenience, nouvelle vague.....

okok
so much grumbling about the radio and DJs for now.....


another peripheral matter is......
my space is being swallowed.

i used to have the whole room to myself.... for all my zakka things, materials for making accessories, magazines, books, fabrics, tools, lace......
now,
half of the space has been swallowed by some thing else....
and i could just see my little half of the space diminishing slowly................................
i guess this is one of the many things to give up in preparation of what is to come..... but yes i know, this is really peripheral.... ha!


i could go on and on about other matters....................
but i think i should go to bed now....
so
goodnight!

p.s.
yes i know, this is a really *peripheral* / *misc* post.... ^_^

5 comments:

Ciyou said...

Hope everything is good for u and your baby.

I would need your help. I love your music on your blog. I want to find something that is suitable for my wedding. Can you suggest me some from your playlist? Please email me at ciyouong@yahoo.com (sorry i can't find your email -_-")

~3iNnA~ said...

Take it easy Aileen. Everything will be fine. I don't have kid(s) and my stuffs is getting quite overwhelming.

lauren said...

heehee...you listen to the radio and I simply just turn to your blog and play your mixpod playlist! :)
I think you would like Stacey Kent, she has many songs on Mixpod if you look for her.

Love your artwork and your blog sweet girl :)

aileen ♥ motu said...

oh wow!!!! congratulations Ciyou!!!!!! i am very happy and excited for you! when's your big day? actually i will email you later on today. congratulations again!!!!

aileen ♥ motu said...

thanks ~3iNna~
we both need more space!!! ^_^

hihi lauren ~ oh yes i also like stacey kent. i have one of her albums with the song "ice hotel".... thx for letting me know about mixpod! will look for her songs! and many thx for your compliments ^_^