Thursday, October 7, 2010

my *collection*




















while trying to empty some of the drawers for bb,
i came across a stack of magazine pages.....
i have forgotten about them.... as they were hiding at the bottom of the drawers.

went through them one by one....
they are pages from various magazines, mostly japanese magazines, with photos of things that i fancy.
the plan was to cut out the images and glue them onto a little book to keep....
so that i could look at these nice things from time to time....

usually these are things that i am not able to get here in hk, or things i like but i know will not look good on me, or just simply things i can never have..........
so it's good to keep them in a book.....  as if i own them!

i sat down and spent the afternoon cutting and gluing.....























this page is all about clothes.....
the blouse at top is really nice, with fluffy sleeves....  but i know i won't look good in it...
the tunic at the bottom is nice because it has lace on the sleeves!
even if i think i will look ok in them, i won't be able to get them here in hk.....
this is quite good, isn't it?  just looking, no shopping!

























this page is about pretty looks and hair styling....
don't you think the hair styling on these two pretty girls are romantic and sweet?
but not on me!  hahaha.... 
but just as happy to look at them and admire....

























okok, more clothes.... 
i do love clothes and fashion....
and i love the cardigan with the big black ribbon bow.....
there are some similiar ones here in hk, but not with details as nice as this one....
























zakka!
this page is about zakka!
i just love the all white piece of furniture!
love the all white antique looking handles!
love how things are displayed on top of it too!

























need i say more?
lace!

























.....  love the wallpaper at the back....
i could never have such kind of wallpaper in our house!
just imagine the look on somotu's face!
well, unless we have a many thousand square feet house and so many rooms that somotu will never notice if i decorate one of them with this kind of wallpaper!




so this is my collection of things i love..... in a one-dimensional way!

10 comments:

~3iNnA~ said...

I have the exact same journal you have on the top pic. it came along with a japanese magazine i purchase.

I love to clip magazine also but stop recently. I used to do it more often when i was younger...knowing that I can't afford it or if I love certain style...it is all gone now due to someone rob our house and destroy my clippings, i create another one but lost that also when i move couple of times...i should start again...

what is zakka? i am trying to find out and keep on encountering that term. I love those white drawers but!! oh mine.

kat said...

Loved this post Aileen. I collect things in books too.
I like the hair accessories, lace and wallpaper. And that white chest is beautiful for storing supplies isn't it.
You inspire me to share more of my scrapbooks again soon.
Love kat xx

ar sa said...

beautuful!
hey a, my eyes are as well on your scissors.
the star! show it show it! haha

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi ~3iNnA~,
oh i am sorry to hear about what happened to you and your house.
yes, i think we got the same japanese magazine then, it's called "Come Home" right? i love that magazine.... sometimes i would dream about having a house just that one of those in the magazine.
"zakka" is really a japanese term ... which in my interpretation, means anything from home decorations to accessories to household items to handmade stuff.... anything that makes a place or something nicer.... in an arty way....

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi kat ~ i can't wait to see our scrapbook!!! i m sure it's going to be lovely!

aileen ♥ motu said...

hey ar sa ~ about that pair of scissors ...... it's little twin stars!!!!

Teddy Bear VIII@Anna said...

Hi, Aileen. It's one of the best way to keep favourites. I like to cut out my favourites and keep them in the file. Sometimes, take a look will inspire ideads to make my craftwork.

aileen ♥ motu said...

yes indeed! i just cut out a handful of images last night... ^_^

~3iNnA~ said...

Yes that's the one. I agree it is very very sad for me when it happened couple of times. I wish I have those type of homes also but I doubt it. Thanks for the info. regarding zakka.

aileen ♥ motu said...

yes.... i also don't think i will have that sort of homes.... but i am just as happy looking at pictures of them and just dream!