Monday, August 9, 2010

getting started





thanks joanna for lending me these books
i have been sitting on them for quite awhile,
but thought i should really start reading, working on them now.
there are so many things i want to learn how to make.
i think the easiest thing to start with is baby bibs,
then i want to move on to shoes, hats, wraps, overalls.....







i have read through some of them,
and now have come to a point where i can't find the materials i want.
all the fabrics shown in these books are oh-so-soft and gentle....
and the colors are so well coordinated....
i have tried to look around, but couldn't find any that is close...


if you know where i can find such fabrics, please let me know!
what i am looking for are organic cotton (with and without pattern), #3 as shown in the picture above (it's towel like), #5 (waffle with and without pattern)






















and best if they are in beige in various shades, brown.... natural colors....

13 comments:

sabe said...

you don't need these colors for boys. boys only need black, grey, white and blue! More MANLY!

ashlee 魚 said...

the natural colors look nice !
i know you are already enjoying in the design process !

Piggy said...

Hey, I have some extra fabric (I bought too much :-P) that is suitable for babies and I can send to you if you don't mind. Let me know... :-)

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi ashlee ~ hehehe.... and frustrations as well... i don't seem to be able to follow instructions in these books!!!

hi piggy ~ this is so kind of you!!!! are you sure? pls do let me know if you have a paypal account or whatever means so that i can pay you back! thanks so much!!!!!

Piggy said...

Don't worry about it. I don't have baby and I don't know why I bought that fabric. haha! I'll be happy if you put it to good use. This is my email: grace_choo03@hotmail(dot)com, we can communicate via emails.

aileen ♥ motu said...

thank you so much!!!

Venus ~ Vi said...

Oh my, congrats! I'm so late. Please accept my snail mail well wishes =)

I have been making kids clothing for friends of mine and found some super fabric off Etsy, maybe you can start there?

aileen ♥ motu said...

hihi venus ~ thank you very much for your kind thoughts! ok! i will check out ETSY... perhaps i will also need to ask you for tips on making clothing! ^_^ you are so talented!!!!!

angela THE ANGEL said...

hi dear~ here u go~
http://www.pristinebaby.jp/
http://www.pristine.jp/
but they don't accept overseas order...

aileen ♥ motu said...

oh thanks so much dear angela... i will check it out and see if i can get someone to order for me ^_^!

~3iNnA~ said...

I just came upon your site while I was researching about zakka sewing.

Regarding where to purchase fabric.

You could check fabric.com, joann, superbuzzy or etsy.

aileen ♥ motu said...

thanks annie!

aileen ♥ motu said...

and thanks for stopping by to say hello!