Wednesday, June 30, 2010

hello from london

it's my first day of work in the london office today

when i checked the weather forecast while still in hong kong,
it said it's going to be sunny and warm for the week.

this morning, when i woke up and looked outside the window, "uh-oh"!
it was raining really hard .....
and chilly too!
good that somotu made me bring along my trench coat.  ^_^
had to ask the hotel for umbrellas
but that wasn't enough, i had to run to Boots to get a pair of panty hose.... 

the hotel we are staying at is very close to the office.
just a 5 mins walk....
and in nice weather, it will be a nice walk too. 
the hotel and the office are on the opposite side of a little river, so i just had to cross a bridge to get to the other side.
the other nice thing was having somotu with me... he walked me to work.... 
i don't get that in hong kong, i mean him walking me right to the front of the office...  it felt good  ^_^

back to my first day of work,
i didn't really do much other than meeting all the colleagues, sitting down with my managers....
my managers asked me to leave at around 5pm....  but i felt bad leaving so early....
i haven't really done anything today!

tomorrow will be the first day of the offsite conference....  so should be packed
then followed by dinner...
somotu will have to be on his own for dinner tomorrow.

and i am missing my babies....

10 comments:

joop said...

Hi Aileen, u must be in canary wharf?! Try cafe brera's grilled ciabatta and birdley's salt beef sandwich if u need a quick bite.

betbet said...

Motu, hi from HK. It's Kae and Bei from HK.( we're having lunch together now). Wish you good luck to your new job.

sabe said...

please don't be "jin meng". leaving early should be a privilge for P* woman!

King's Garden said...

Brownie & Sugar are fine! I post some picture on facebook. if you have time, you check it.

busma said...

hope you are enjoying your trip in England. I miss England too...

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi joop ~ yes!!! you got it right! have you been to this part of london before? it's my first time here..... good that i read your note on time, tomorrow is my last day here so i still got time to go to brera and get a quick bite! thx!!

aileen ♥ motu said...

hello betbet and kae ~ thx... i wish i could join your lunch! ^_^

aileen ♥ motu said...

sabe ~ hahahahaha, please issue me a SABE priviledge card!

aileen ♥ motu said...

hihi king ~ i just went to check facebook.... thanks so much again for taking care of the babies... tell me all the stories when we are back!

aileen ♥ motu said...

hello busma ~ do you used to live here? weather has been really nice this week, blue sky and breezes... i am sure you will love it here.