Friday, May 28, 2010

one of the two books i ordered last week has arrived today
strange though
because i ordered two books but only one arrived???!!!
the one arrived today is this one
but what happened to this one?????????
when i looked at the invoice,
it says "This shipment completes your order."
huh??????
i need to follow up....





*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



and the vintage lace which i ordered awhile ago has also arrived
timing is good
i can start studying and practicing how to identify lace
i want to keep myself busy.....   or should i say my mind busy
i don't want it to have free time




the very first thing which i have learned today:


the word "lace" is derived from a Latin word - laqueus.
the term "lace" covers all variety of ornamental openwork fabrics formed by looping,
plaiting, twisting or knotting of the threads of flax, silk, gold, silver, cotton....
in short, the word "lace" means "a lot of holes surrounded with thread".


- excerpt from the book




hope i can share more of what i have learned here soon






*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




i recently came across tumblr
i was fascinated by some of the sites...  totally pink, sweet, fairy-like, dreamy, romantic....
i haven't figured out completely how it works
but seems like owner of the site captures images, pictures, quotes from other sources ...
like a virtual album


some of the ones i love:
* lovelybluepony
* everything sweet
* lovely clusters
* deadmarch


and while browsing and dreaming through these places, i found some familiar looking pictures...

like two of them here
this made my day.... i am glad that someone likes my pictures....

i have set up my own site on tumblr
but didn't really have time to play with it.....
i guess i am better off dreaming and sailing through others....



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
i found this picture in one of my folders
i forgot where i got it from...   must be some online shop
they are super cute.....
and i love the ruffles and trimmings....


6 comments:

kat said...

I have a tumblr it is called secretsofabutterfly
do you have one aileen?
Kx

aileen ♥ motu said...

oh you do?! i will look for it now... i have set up one but it is currently blank...

~3iNnA~ said...

I notice you love lace. I love lace also. I am in the process of buying a bobbin lace kit.

Ever heard of tatting?

aileen ♥ motu said...

hello annie ~ oh yes! i wanted so much to learn how to do tatting!! i did purchase a kit and instruction book on it but i was not successful! tatting looks really nice and delicate! i love delicate looking lace.... wow bobbin lace kit! i would love to learn that too! i am sure you will be successful with making lace ~ pls share a picture of your product!!! ^_^

~3iNnA~ said...

I also recently bought a "Tatting" tool. I didn't use it yet because I am so busy with my sewing projects.

When I purchase the lace bobbin kit I will keep you inform. I am still waiting for their reply on their merchandise.

aileen ♥ motu said...

ok!!! i would love to see your finished products!!