Tuesday, October 6, 2009

*rehearsal*

the day before the craft fair,
i took out all the items i made
and
all the wooden boxes, frames, trays, vases, flowers
and
laid them all out...


it was quite difficult to decide which box, tray to use
and
how to display the necklaces and brooches...


in the end,
i decided to go with these:

the large wooden box with six compartments...
i took out the plate glass of the lid as i was afraid
that i would break it...













two smaller accessory boxes....




a bunch of velvet violets placed in a milk white vintage vase as decoration....





ah-ha!
my favorite piece of decoration for that day:
the table cloth which i spent a night to make...
first i cut out a piece of cloth big enough to cover the 2 by 3" table,
then i cut out strips of the same cloth and
ran them through the sewing machine as i gathered them randomly to create the ruffles...




while i was placing the boxes, trays on the table cloth,
i saw two big watermarks on the cloth!!!!!!!!!!
i screamed and screamed!!!!
~~~ so it turned out that the aircon was dripping water the night before and hence the disaster~~~
i had to position the boxes, etc so that the watermarks could not be seen....




i don't think anyone noticed the watermarks that day....
cuz i don't think anyone had paid any attention to the table cloth anyway....
hahaha....
well....
except one person....
the one who was kind enough to adopt it after the fair...




i asked somotu to take some pictures for me...
as he is much better at taking pictures than me....
and this is one of them...
he took it reluctantly....
why?
because he is simply not interested at this kind of things, i.e. zakka....
haha

8 comments:

ar sa said...

i did notice~=]

aileen ♥ motu said...

^_^

so happy to meet you in person! i love the stickers and notebooks i got from you that day! so pretty!

busma said...

these are beautiful BEAUTIFUL pictures!!

aileen ♥ motu said...

thanks so much busma!!

paperdollgirl said...

Hello Aileen
I jut recently discovered your beautiful blog and I´m so in love with everything you create. Please tell me that you have an online shop where I can purchase your lovely items.
Best wishes
Nadine

aileen ♥ motu said...

Hello Nadine,
Many thanks for your kind compliments! It really made my day. I don't have an online shop currently... there are just two shops in HK where I am selling my handmade stuff.... but I have been thinking of having a one (I mean online shop).... will let you know!
Thanks again. and btw, I love your blog!
Aileen

paperdollgirl said...

Hello Aileen

Thank you very much for your kind words you left at my livejournal. Coming from such an artist as you they´re extra special. :)

Have you ever heard of etsy before? Everyone can set up an account there and sell handmade things. It´s really easy, I have a little shop there myself.

aileen ♥ motu said...

Hello Nadine,

Oh yes! I have heard of it! In fact I have bought things from talented artists before. When things settled down a bit, I will surely explore the idea!

Have a good day!

Aileen