Saturday, July 4, 2009

i am reading....


* LOVE カメラ
~ got it cuz it has a special coverage on polaroid in this issue


~ some of the polaroids taken by various people
~ i like the use of light, reflection and shadow in this set


~ and i like the color theme in this set

the magic about polaroids is that you can never guess how the picture will turn out.... making each polaroid unique and special....
i especially like the polaroids taken these two ladies:
* jenifer altman
* jen gotch




* another book i got
~ this one shows how to take pictures just like the ones in japanese magazines....
i hope to take better pictures one day....


* got this one because of what is shown on the cover.... la tour eiffel!


wow... this is what i would like to make one day....
frankly, it looks quite scary (in terms of the skill set and time required)....
so probably, just, in my dreams....


and i love how the embroidery looks...
i like tone on tone or, simply, white on white combination...


ah-ha! and this is a must go place!
i think i will go crazy there....
i tend to find the lace in japan of better quality... softer and more delicately made...
talking about the differences between the shops in hk and japan, to me, the very first thing that comes to my mind is that the latter seems to have more care for the lace. they would carefully unroll the lace you want and wrap them in a way that the lace would not get all tangled... whereas in hk, they just stuff all the difference pieces of lace into a tiny tiny plastic bag... all wrinkled and tangled... not to even mention they let the rolls of lace drop on the floor, lying around... and some even step on and walk all over the lace... it's quite horrible, frankly...



and this book which i have been looking for but couldn't find...
thanks to lovely angela...
it is now in my hands.
this book is by far the best book on crocheting lace... lots and lots of patterns!
i am going to be very busy... ha!
thanks so much angela!

6 comments:

ashlee 魚 said...

wawawaw.. thanks for sharing !
the lace center really catches my eyes !

angela THE ANGEL said...

ai ya, u r welcome na dear.

the ステッチ book looks great!! where did you get it?

hey, Billie is available on the 11th. Where do you prefer? How about Tai Hang?

aileen :: motu said...

ashley, and btw... this is the link to the shop:

http://miyaco.net/lace-1930/



angela, yes July 11 @ tai hang is good with me. anywhere is fine! you pick and let me know la. i got the stitch book from amazon.jp. here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4529047032/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

i will bring it to you this sat. just let me know...

btw, the lace book you got for me is available @ amazon again!

angela THE ANGEL said...

hi dear, coinfirmed 12:15 @ tai hang this Saturday, lets met in Billie's shop first. Call me if anything, just email you my mobile number.

oh amazon again? ai ya, i just ordered Shiina Ringo's new album.. maybe will order books later, the exchange rate is very high almost 8.2 :(

catherine_sr. said...

I've been following your blog for a while on my RSS reader and I'm delurking to say that those books look so cool! I saw the book about Japanese magazine style photography in Eslite here in Taipei, but I didn't buy it because I have a similar book in Chinese (which I can read... I can't read Japanese unfortunately). The one with the Polaroids looks great as well... I should check it out next time I am at Eslite. Thanks for sharing!

aileen :: motu said...

hi catherine ~ thx for stopping by! is eslite an online bookstore? i find the japanese style photography are always lovely and sweet... hopefully can learn a trick or two from reading those books!! ^_^