Sunday, July 5, 2009

felting... my first attempt


finally,
i couldn't resist the temptation of
these delicous and softest colors....
and especially when i saw all the lovely buttons, motifs and mushrooms billie made.


and so,
i gave in to the kit....


... after much stabbing into my fingers, my thumbs, my palm (ouchh, it's quite painful...)
i came out with a heart....


my next trial is to make a birdie on a tree...
then maybe a ribbon bow, eiffel tower, something lacey....
hope i will be successful...

9 comments:

dapan said...

add oil, aileen! ^^

ashlee 魚 said...

ouch !

but the heart shape is very lovely !
worth it !

King's Garden said...

lovely heart, 如果你去Billie舖頭時,可不可以幫我買針和毛毛呢?

angela THE ANGEL said...

wow~ you finally got the needle yeah!
needle felt is interesting right? :D

Ciyou said...

i keep on poking me finger with the needle (and it is rustly), that why i keep them in my cabinate

aileen :: motu said...

yes yes... felting is much fun and addictive (despite the constant poking.. hehehehe)... i hope i will be able to show you all a birdie soon! hehehehe....

sure king, i will get you the kit.

King's Garden said...

thanks!

Miss LK said...

Needle felting is like meditating... I learned the craft after my beloved cat passed away last Christmas. I commissioned an artist to do a realistic sculpt of my cat first and then fell in love with the special touch of merino wool.

I cannot stop petting the wool :)

aileen :: motu said...

hi miss LK ~ i am very sorry to hear about your cat. yes, i also find merino wool is super soft and gentle... really good for making little animals... but i really need to work on the skill...