Thursday, July 16, 2009

♡-beat


Every time I see you something happens to me
Like a chain reaction between you and me
My heart starts missing a beat
Every time Oh oh oh, every time
If I didnt love you, I would look around for someone else
But every time I see you, you have the same effect
My heart starts missing a beat
My heart starts missing a beat
Every time I hear your heart beat next to me
Im in love with you; I mean what I say
Im in love with you, and you dont know
What it means to be with you

~ Heartbeat by Pet Shop Boys ~



i think this song best describes what happens to me each time i see pieces of beautiful lace....
i know it sounds crazy....
but i really do fall for lace...

and i felt my heart did start missing a beat when i saw these lace from a zakka shop in hokkaido!

i remember how beautiful each roll of lace looked in the lovely shop...
how difficult it was to decide which one to get...
how worried i was when i thought i didn't have enough cash with me!

these pictures do not do justice to them...
each piece looks beautiful in person... very delicately made, very soft & thin and nicely woven...
my favorite piece is the one at the bottom.
i have only cut a tiny little piece to make a brooch i made awhile ago... very hesitant to use more of it as i don't think i can come across something similar...



apart from lace, i also got a few pieces of wooden plate from the shop.
i especially like the embossed letters and flowers on the plate....




... and i still have the plastic bag with the price tag for the wooden plates....
it's the protective shield for the lace and plate, or, a body-guard for many years to come!

11 comments:

sabe said...

i think you're chee jor sin!!!!

aileen :: motu said...

.... and you know why!!!

Miss LK said...

The music from your heart when you see pretty lace makes me smile :)

A piece of vintage lace is very telling... the story of a beautiful devotion.

candlelite said...

don't let somotu read this entry! he would be so jealous of the laces!! ^^

aileen :: motu said...

hihi miss LK ~ so glad you understand what i mean and feel! hehehehe!

candle momo ~ and i wonder why i don't miss a heartbeat when i see somotu! hahahahaha........

Mi* said...

Hi Aileen :)
I will go to Hokkaido soon to find zakka! I am so excited but have no idea where I can find those fancy shops. Can you tell me where is this shop?Thx alot!

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi mi,
so nice to going to hokkaido! i wish i could go too!!
i am so sorry... i don't remember the shop or the location anymore. i can vaguely remember it being almost on the top floor of a shopping mall (not the JR towers shopping mall. it should be somewhere near Parco). i just tried to search online for shopping malls in sapporo but i don't see the shop listed in the websites of the shopping malls. i will keep searching and let you know if i find it.

Mi* said...

It's ok :) Thank you Aileen!

Mi* said...

Oh! Is is Sapporo factory?
http://sapporofactory.jp/foreigin/taiwan/ Seems that it is located near Parco and there is zakka in the second block and third block of the shopping mall.

aileen ♥ motu said...

hi mi,
no it should not be sapporo factory because i remember the mall is not as huge. i think it is either called paseo or apia... it's a standalone mall, not too big but near Parco. i am still trying to search via google and yahoo but couldn't locate it yet. i don't remember the name but i can vaguely remember what it looks like. so i am looking for photos in google and yahoo now...

aileen ♥ motu said...

i hope i can find it for you!