Saturday, June 13, 2009

old-fashioned


the other day,
somotu said he got me a little present....
said that he had spent quite some time making it....

he took it out from his pocket,
indeed it was very small...
it was all wrapped by his hand...
couldn't see what it was.

then he placed it into my hand...
so light that i couldn't feel anything at all..
and thought he was trying to trick me...

.... and
it was a dymo label!
the embossed type.... and the label says *aileen zakka*...

this is one of the silliest and *out-of-nowhere* gift i have ever received from him....
i don't know what i am going to do with it.....
and
i am secretly thinking why he said it took him quite a bit of time to make this dymo label???

anyway, this little *funny* present reminds me of school days...
i remember before the start of each school year, my mom and i would be busy with wrapping the textbooks with the protective plastic sheets and making dymo labels with my name....
i remember it was fun doing the *dymo* thing
and i liked how the embossed letters look and feel.....

i guess it is not as common to use the embossing label makers.... it's all electronic nowadays...
but i prefer the embossing type.... i guess i am old and old-fashioned...

4 comments:

Magic Moments said...

haha, my husband sometimes plays the same trick. asks me to close my eyes and says he has something for me. and dun know why, i follow the instructions every time. when i open my eyes, that "something" is trash! silly me!

yes, i remember the days of wrapping the new textbooks and dymo when i was young. besides textbooks, i would put dymo on my water bottle, sandwich box......

aileen :: motu said...

i guess these little silly acts are one of the things that keep our lives less boring... hehehe.... i think it's ok to act silly every once in awhile ^_^

yes you are right!! i almost forgot about the watter bottle, sandwich box!! i think at one point i got a bit out of control and was sticking the dymo labels everywhere! hahahaha....

candlelite said...

oh somotu is so sweet!!

aileen :: motu said...

i am thinking of sticking it to my forehead... hehehehe