Thursday, April 2, 2009

1 year old

April 2 2009 ~ this silly blog of mine has turned one year old.


time really flies!
a year ago, i was new to this whole *blog* thing.

i remembered that i wanted to start a blog but didn't know where to begin....
somotu helped me to look around for a blog network that would be easy enough for a dummy like me (note: i am not a blog-dummy anymore! hahahah!) to navigate....
after a bit of digging, he got me to this Blogger space....


so there i was, sitting in front of the computer, trying to figure out how to create my blog.
not surprisingly, hundreds of question marks were flying above my head....
i didn't know how to configure my setting, how to insert a picture as my title, how to change the color scheme.... you know, all these basic things which have now became easy and natural to me...

on top of creating a blog, somotu was also teaching me how to use photoshop, etc... there were back and forth, non-stop flow of questions for somotu. some of the conversations became quite heated!!! he thought i was pretty dumb, hahaha...


so i was too dumb for him to teach me and therefore instead of working off from the blog which i have already started, he decided to just do another one from scratch for me......

the original one i have was called *brown sugar*, named after brownie and sugar.
i have even put together the title picture for it:

but because i was "made" to work off from the other one somotu has started for me, i had to switch to that other one which he has named it as *aileen zakka*. so this is how the name of this blog came about. when i told my friends about my blog, almost none of them like the name of the blog, not to mention some of them didn't even know what *zakka* means.... but i decided to stick with it because i have gone through so much already.....
and so this was my first title picture:
why did somotu name the blog as *aileen zakka*? random. totally random and 求其.
good that i was able to get around blogging shortly, and i didn't need somotu to come to the rescue anymore. in fact, he now asks me "how do you do this", "how do you do that"! hehehehe....
shortly after *aileen zakka* was up and running, i had put together a few other title pictures:
didn't use this one in the end. which was a good decision ~ too blurred.
used this one for a couple of months.... i like the rosy lace pattern.
then replaced with this one for another few months.
the current title picture is the longest serving member to date.... i am thinking of changing it but i haven't got the time to sit down and start working on it... plus i don't really have any ideas yet....
so this is a little story about my blog.
when i told somotu last night that the blog is turning one, his first reaction was "wow, you are really persistent! i didn't think it would last that long." and he went on saying, "sometimes i don't understand why you bother to do this at all, no one is reading it anyway. why don't you stop writing and make more time for yourself to rest and sleep."
~~~ i think jotting down bits and pieces of my daily life here has became a routine to me. i enjoy the process and i also enjoy going back in time by reading my old posts.... sometimes i don't even know why i wrote what i've written! anyway, will see how much longer i will blog.
and last but not the least, "thank you somotu".

9 comments:

joanna said...

happy birthday to Aileen Zakka!!!

ashlee 魚 said...

about the Photoshopo thing, "some of the conversations became quite heated".. same here....
eric always said i was not listening to him when he taught me to work on the path, how to make selection etc etc....

so i have been reading your blog for a year now, it was first started from Joanna, i found your blog like from hers and then kae's. you gave me many inspirations everyday ! yes everyday ! glad you are updating it very often, so I have something to do on the ride to work every morning :P
shame shame i always have excuses not updating mine.

"aileen zakka" is a good name ar !
keep going !

Piggy said...

happy blog-anniversary! I like all your past headers, so full of lace and lady-like. :-)

dapan said...

happy blog anniversary!
we enjoy to read your blog. please keep going!

sally said...

like to read your words.....please keep going!!

Happy Birthday to your blog ^_^

betbet said...

Motu, Congrats! "add oil"... Bet

Ciyou said...

because that u blog, i get to know u, because that u blog, I get to see beautiful handicrafts. I enjoy blogging, just a way to keep track on things that we did and when thru.

Keep on writting~~ i'm be reading them always

Cheers

joop said...

happy birthday aileen zakka~

I actually think the name is cute. it shows that somotu knows you well. :)

aileen :: motu said...

thank you so much all of you. you really made my day. each of your blogs give me much inspiration and joy every day. this internet space is amazing... really opens my eyes and mind.

ashlee ~ you are one of the first blogger friends who left me comments when i first started blogging. i am so glad that i got to meet you in person that sunday!

piggy, dapan & sally ~ your blogs are just too delicious! they always make me hungry. though i don't cook, i am getting tempted to give it a try! and sally, am so glad to get to know you and that we share the similar interest in music!

ciyou ~ you always make me jealous of all the zakka and materials you get in your home town. perhaps one day, we can go shopping together.

betbet ~ you are always so sweet.

joop ~ hope that i can get to meet you and cody one day!

joanna ~ you are the best!!