Friday, November 28, 2008

being grateful

today is Thanksgiving Day.

it's a time to reflect upon ourselves and our lives,
and to be thankful for what we have and what is given to us.

the first thing that came to my mind is....

because of something *unexpected*,
me & my colleague have to cancel all our original vacation plans for the rest of the year.
for myself, i still have 27 days of vacation left this year...

although we can carry forward vacations (up to a limit), what we are really looking forward to is a break.
we have been so worn out by work that we desperately needed some time off to regain consciousness.

after much commotion, each of us managed to slip in a couple of days here and there before the year end.
but that would mean our team will become a *one-man* team during those days when one of us is off.
as i have more vacation days left than my colleague, i would need to take more days off than my colleague.... which means she will be on her own for more days than i will be....  more work for her.
and i am grateful for her being understanding....

and i am also thankful for having:
~ a happy home.  our home is small and humble but the three little creatures living inside are making it warm and cheerful for me. and for putting up with my temper on my moody days.
~ caring friends.  i don't have many many friends but at least the ones i have are close and dear to my heart.  i know they will be there for me when i need to turn to them.
~ a caring family, the ones who are always there for me and i thank them for their unconditional giving and love.  
~ having the greatest grandma in the world.  and be able to show her how much i love her.
~ a job which allows me to be able to afford certain things i fancy and be able to give and share what i have earned with those who are in need.  

and to God who is listening to my prayers and forgiving to my wrong doings. 

5 comments:

sabe said...

motu - what a good reflection on thanksgiving. i miss you ahhh...

kaekae said...

good that you finally got some days off... now... i also want to take some days off too arr... i need to carry forward 12 days now...

Anonymous said...

:-$
I have left you alone today lei...so sorry...hope you have left office by now...
Jenny

aileen :: motu said...

silly girl! don't be sorry! you are not feeling well ma! you always tell me that i should leave office if i don't feel well too!

aileen :: motu said...

sabe ~~~ i miss you too!!! when can we meet up! i want a hug from you!

kae kae ~~~ you also have so many days ar!!??? i hope we can take more days off!