Thursday, November 20, 2008

the annual large-scaled exercise


although the weather still hasn't made up its mind as to whether it wants to be *warm* or *cool*,
i think it's about time for me to start the annual exercise.
it's almost december and i am still wearing my summer time clothes...  something doesn't sound right...

so the annual exercise is to replace my wardrobe with winter clothing...
which means i need to take my summer clothing back to my mom's place who will then take them to the dry-cleaner.  
then, after i have freed up space in the wardrobe, i can bring all the winter clothing back from my mom's place to our little home.
this is quite a tedious exercise (lots of paper bags and hangers) and somotu finds it amusing (or, actually, annoying)... cos he couldn't understand why i need to bring clothing back and forth and why can't i just go the dry-cleaners nearby our home.... i don't know really, i guess it is now becoming a habit after moving out for these few years.  one thing i do know is that we don't have enough space in our little home for both my summer and winter clothing....  our home is just too small and we have too much stuff!  

of all the summer clothing, this one-piece dress in cream color is the one which i have not worn at all this summer.  too nice and delicate to wear...  it is my one and only one vintage dress.  i mean real vintage.  i fell in love with it as soon as i laid my eyes on it in a shop a number of years ago....  the entire top layer is made of lace and woven in delicate patterns.   the bottom layer is satin with ruffles along the hem, and the layer in between is yet another piece of delicate lace.  i like its "worn-out", "used" but yet "fancy" look.... 

it's now at my mom's place...  having second thought, maybe i should bring it back.... though it's sleeveless, i can just throw a knit over it or wear a turtleneck underneath... yeah... i should really bring it back this weekend. maybe i can also try wearing it with a long military jacket and a pair of boots.. better yet, maybe try those fluffy fur-ry boots which seem to be the current "IT" fashionable item...

5 comments:

joanna said...

the dress seems very special and pretty! can't wait to see you in it!! =)

sabe said...

i'm so slacky.....didn't even started my annual big project! and most of my winter clothes are with the dry cleaners!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

kaekae said...

sabe... same here... i'm very lazy too arr...

aileen :: motu said...

hehehe... i finished the big project over the weekend la!!! i have finally "moved" all my summer clothings to my mom's and "moved" all the winter clothes to gaythey!

kaekae said...

jealous... i really too to catch up...