Thursday, October 30, 2008

♡ 私はレースを愛する ♡


i figure that since i ♡ lace so much, i should learn more about it....


so i got myself a book, "story of european lace".
got it for quite some time already, but it was only until recently that i finally have the time to *read* it.
the reason i say *read* is because it is in japanese...  so it is not really *reading* but more like *looking*.

i could have gotten one in english or chinese but this one is too pretty to pass, hehe...  i am so vain.
it's not too bad, there are plenty of 漢字; together with my limited knowledge of japanese and a bit of guessing... i think i can manage to *look* through...

there are quite a number of good recommendations in the book ~ lace workshop, lace shops, boutiques in japan...  will share them here after i have a better reading...

besides learning more about lace, i want so much to be able to *make* my own lace as well.
awhile ago, i got a DIY tatting project pack.  *sigh* but the instructions look really really super super complicated....  just reading through the instructions gave me a big enough headache....  maybe i should give it another try?!

5 comments:

sabe said...

ho ging arrrh.....reading japanese!!!!!!!!!

Ciyou said...

HAHA~~~ me too... I only know how to read those 漢字 can the rest is just guessing around. I totally can't read japanese. How I wish I can read them.

ashlee 魚 said...

oh.. what's the ISBN of the books...i want to buy i want to buy

kaekae said...

motu... i need a summary of what you read... hahaha... (i sound like sabe!)

aileen :: motu said...

the ISBN is (very long): 978-4-89444-701-1

okok, summary, no problem!!! hahaha