Wednesday, July 23, 2008

サンリオ ☆ キキララ



found this while wandering around page one the other day.  and it brought back all the good old memories. when i was little, i was a great fan of them.  twin stars, my melody, strawberry kingdom, tiny poem, vaudeville, etc etc...  i liked them all except hello kitty. it was only when i was in college that i started liking it too...  and not to mention collecting those freebies that came with every purchase!!  you know what i am talking about?  those small things that they would use a nice sticker to stick onto your shopping bag (like the one above which came with the gift from ah king and my brother)...  and how they were collectibles cos they came in different designs, characters and limited quantities...  sometimes i would just beg my mother to buy me stuff for the sake of getting these freebies...  i have a whole box full of them... and i hope my mother hasn't thrown them away yet!  i better go check them out this weekend!!!

and i am still wondering whether i should get the book or not... 

ah, and i also saw this.  i still like twin stars....

2 comments:

betbet said...

Motu, I know what you're talking about.. I remembered I kept all those stickers in an album.. and I always goto the Sario in Matsuzakaya in Causeway Bay (now Hang Lung Cetre) cos my dad's office was there. On the contrary, I like Hello Kitty, which was RED in color (I like RED) when I was a kid, and don't know why, it's now pink... I remembered my Dad bought a me 2-feet tall Hello Kitty as x'mas gift once... love to give her a big hug all the time..

kaekae said...

of course we all know what you are talking about... the shops that i always go are (1) ocean terminal (like baybay, my dad's office was there) (2) mk near prince edward mtr (near my home...)

i also have a box of these small gifts in guam arr... i will take them out and play with them when i visit guam everytime...

i think i should take some pic of them when i visit guam again...