Friday, June 20, 2008




instead of making a tote for myself, i ended up making a bag to hold all the laces i got.  as you can tell, it has a zipper!  it is my first time making anything with a zipper.  i was quite nervous at the beginning, cos i was worried that i would waste all these linen fabrics (which i really like but only got a cut of 50cm for each pattern).  i was sitting on the little stool with all these materials on my nap, placing the zipper back and forth, figuring how to not make any mistakes, very silly looking indeed (luckily, only the poopoos were at home at the time; btw, they are quite scared of the sewing machine)...

sure enough, at the moment of truth (i.e. the final stitch), i realized that i had the zipper UP instead of DOWN. as i was sewing with the inside of the bag out, it means i was left with no opening to pull out the outer side of the bag!! haha...  i tried pulling the zipper from all directions, right when i was ready to give up and break the zipper, i found a tiny hole at the tip of it.  so i used a pen to help me slide through the zipper, very slowly.... i was very lucky ~ it worked, or else i would have really wasted these materials and my effort!

i really need to practice with sewing invisible zippers onto fabrics..!  

ar!  and can you see the inverted V?  hehe... 

6 comments:

bet said...

motu, do you need any fabrics from tokyo? i'm leaving on Jul 2, let me know la.. I'm happy to buy anything for you..

aileen :: motu said...

tks for asking bet bet.... there are too many things i want!!! can you put me into your luggage?

kaekae said...

this is very good already gar la... when my mom was in town. she told me that we should put the zipper on before sewing the side/bottom of the bag arr... try it again next time la. for invisible zipper... i learnt from mom during her short stay la... and i took a video of the whole process with my camera arr... let me share it with you la...

aileen :: motu said...

yes please!! when you have recovered, i want to learn from you and your mom! and welcome back.....

kaekae said...

oh... 1 more thing... elsa told me she got us the ipod set from q-pot and 1 phone-strap la...

aileen :: motu said...

kae: oh pls thank elsa for me!!!!